Fantasy Island RPG Forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for the Fantasy Island RPG on esper.net

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Donation Reminder
Armor System Revamp EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 10:42 pm by SgtSarros
The site does cost about $75 a year for the picture storage we have and keeping it ad-free when logged in, more if we get rid of ads altogether as some users have wished.

If you wish to help with donations click the link below. Avoid clicking on a custom gif as those are for Pro users of StreamLabs who do not mind paying a monthly fee.

https://streamlabs.com/sgtsarros

Comments: 1
Poll
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Who knows what magic schools:
Armor System Revamp EmptySat Apr 06, 2024 3:30 pm by SgtSarros

» The CCG changes
Armor System Revamp EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 12:07 pm by SgtSarros

» Alexander
Armor System Revamp EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 3:44 pm by Tiggs

» Wolverine X Man
Armor System Revamp EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm by Xarat

» Shion Uzuki
Armor System Revamp EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 3:44 pm by Packie

» EsperNet End Of Life -- EDIT Delayed
Armor System Revamp EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 4:21 pm by SgtSarros

» Kaylee the canid drifter
Armor System Revamp EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 7:41 pm by ChromeGadget

» Changed for Kyt
Armor System Revamp EmptyWed Feb 21, 2024 10:48 pm by SgtSarros

» Ryu, the Yorae Dragon
Armor System Revamp EmptyWed Feb 21, 2024 1:53 pm by Packie

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this month
SgtSarros
Armor System Revamp I_vote_lcapArmor System Revamp I_voting_barArmor System Revamp I_vote_rcap 
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 34 registered users
The newest registered user is Tim

Our users have posted a total of 1228 messages in 827 subjects
Gallery
Armor System Revamp Empty

Armor System Revamp

Go down 
2 posters

What changes if any should be made to the armor system?
No Changes
Armor System Revamp I_vote_lcap0%Armor System Revamp I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Higher Requirements for Use
 0% [ 0 ]
Harder Penalties for Use
 0% [ 0 ]
Increased Penalties vs One Damage Type
Armor System Revamp I_vote_lcap33%Armor System Revamp I_vote_rcap
 33% [ 2 ]
Critical Damage
Armor System Revamp I_vote_lcap50%Armor System Revamp I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 3 ]
Armor Value Per Piece
Armor System Revamp I_vote_lcap17%Armor System Revamp I_vote_rcap
 17% [ 1 ]
Other
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 6

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
SgtSarros
Admin
Admin
SgtSarros

PostSubject: Armor System Revamp   Armor System Revamp EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 3:20 am

As time has gone on with the RP we have seen how armor can make a major difference in combat. However the armor system was put in back when the average damage being done was far higher then it is now. As such, those few who can wear plate mail easily are so well protected that in some battles GMs have to choose between damage that will harm someone in plate, or damage that won't take out everyone else in one or two hits.

There has also been requests for new armor types in the RP, but it is hard to add them in without making this problem worse. This includes Bracers, Shields and so forth. This leaves us several options on how to proceed and that will be the poll for November.

I'd like people's opinions on how they'd like to see armor revamped in the RP, or if they even want it at all.

Option 1: Keep armor as is, which would mean armor has two different values dependent on chest armor or full body. Shields and bracers have no armor benefit.

Option 2: Increased requirements to wear higher tier armors. While this means less people can wear it, I feel the problem would still remain.

Option 3: Increased penalties for heavier armor. Including race restrictions, added stat or movement penalties, and so forth. This may not fix the problem as much as turn people off of the armor.

Option 4: Increased weaknesses. Make it so most armor types are stronger or weaker vs one type of damage ( Blunt, Slashing, Piercing ) to make them more varied. Alternatively, metal armor could cause increased damage from some magics..

Option 5: Critical Hits damage armor. this could be anything from less protection vs the damage type that caused the critical hit, to reduced armor in general, until the armor has been fixed in town.While the most realistic option, could make keeping track of damage a bit more complicated for some.

Option 6: Have armor value affected by piece of equipment worn. Plate chest, leather hat, studded sleeves.... create your own style! The problem with this option however is it has the potential to cause mathematical nightmares.

Option 7: Other. Give an idea below!

Last edited by SgtSarros on Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://fantasy-island.forumotion.com
Feralis
Feralis

PostSubject: Re: Armor System Revamp   Armor System Revamp EmptySat Oct 31, 2020 1:53 pm

Coming from a D&D background, we had to devise a system like option 4 to keep people from piling on plate or something similar with high AC. It's like... Sure, normal arrows and slashing/cutting weapons won't do much, but a blunt club/mace or a morningstar is going to absolutely ruin your day (and your armor).

Which kinda leads into option 5 as well. While it could be more complicated, it makes sense that critical strikes would affect the armor's ability to protect. After all, it just absorbed a massive hit and protected the user from the brunt of the damage. But could it do so a second time with the same effectiveness? Proooobably not.

Could even combine the two... Perhaps an armor with a certain physical or elemental weakness is more prone to critical strikes.

But that's my two cents. Option 4 and 5.
Back to top Go down

Armor System Revamp
Page 1 of 1