Fantasy Island RPG Forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for the Fantasy Island RPG on esper.net

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Donation Reminder
RPG Changes and Updates Updated June 2023 EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 10:42 pm by SgtSarros
The site does cost about $75 a year for the picture storage we have and keeping it ad-free when logged in, more if we get rid of ads altogether as some users have wished.

If you wish to help with donations click the link below. Avoid clicking on a custom gif as those are for Pro users of StreamLabs who do not mind paying a monthly fee.

https://streamlabs.com/sgtsarros

Comments: 1
Poll
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tony Stark - The Invicible Iron Man
RPG Changes and Updates Updated June 2023 EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 10:38 am by darkshade

» Who knows what magic schools:
RPG Changes and Updates Updated June 2023 EmptySat Apr 06, 2024 3:30 pm by SgtSarros

» The CCG changes
RPG Changes and Updates Updated June 2023 EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 12:07 pm by SgtSarros

» Alexander
RPG Changes and Updates Updated June 2023 EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 3:44 pm by Tiggs

» Wolverine X Man
RPG Changes and Updates Updated June 2023 EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm by Xarat

» Shion Uzuki
RPG Changes and Updates Updated June 2023 EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 3:44 pm by Packie

» EsperNet End Of Life -- EDIT Delayed
RPG Changes and Updates Updated June 2023 EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 4:21 pm by SgtSarros

» Kaylee the canid drifter
RPG Changes and Updates Updated June 2023 EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 7:41 pm by ChromeGadget

» Changed for Kyt
RPG Changes and Updates Updated June 2023 EmptyWed Feb 21, 2024 10:48 pm by SgtSarros

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 34 registered users
The newest registered user is Tim

Our users have posted a total of 1229 messages in 828 subjects
Gallery
RPG Changes and Updates Updated June 2023 Empty

RPG Changes and Updates Updated June 2023

Go down 
AuthorMessage
SgtSarros
Admin
Admin
SgtSarros

RPG Changes and Updates Updated June 2023 Empty
PostSubject: RPG Changes and Updates Updated June 2023   RPG Changes and Updates Updated June 2023 EmptyThu Jun 08, 2023 11:47 am

June 8th, 2023:

Over the past 12.5 years of this rp, while I've had GMs, most of everything has had to go through me, which has caused a lot of bottlenecks and frustrations for players.

I never realized how bad it was until I started contacting some people and asking if they'd like to return to the RP and they mentioned at times having to wait months for things, which turned them off of the RP,  or they'd ask me something about an important IC event or suggestion, and I'd say 'I'll get back to you' and never did.

As such i've started moving the handling of some parts of the RP to other GMs in order to streamline a lot of things.

In addition, three changes are going into effect immediately to try to resolve, long-standing bottlenecks and frustrations.

1. Starting immediately, people can learn any skill, spell, or talent anyone else who has it. They no longer have to go to the magic school / combat school etc to learn it. Until the system gets rewritten to balance things out a bit more ( which should get done this month ), for now any roll to learn will need to be 10 higher to make up for not learning from a 'professional teacher'. This should allow people to learn without essentially having to make a reservation for me to have the time to get such done. The exception ( for now ) is FASE RIP improvements, but that will e added to that at some point.

2. Chaos waves. The last couple chaos waves had had some changes done that have damaged or ruined relationships, or altered a character too severely from the norm, which have discouraged people from playing characters. As such, if people feel a chaos wave will severely detriment their interest in a character or their characters IC relationships, people can do 1 re-roll. If, after the re-roll , they are still not happy with the change, the character will instead 'opt out' of the chaos wave this time around.

3. Speaking of.. relationships and children. There have been people who have wanted characters to be married with mine that just have not happened as I've been busy or forgotten , and people who have wanted their characters to have kids with mine and I've delayed because of experiences in the past where someone would have a child and then vanish from the rp for months at a time or just not come back, leaving the child wish essentially one parent.. or they played the child and now it was, great how to explain the child suddenly not there?

This has caused a lot of annoyance for people, and as such, for those who still want such I want to take the summer months getting weddings done, as well as talking with those who want kids and seeing about if they would/would not fit my character involved, etc.

The armor system has been revamped. To adjust for the new stat system, Armors banded and up were slightly weakened, though ring and scale had their penalties decreased as well.

While a rule in the RP for years, the fact you can not use agility-based skills or abilities while wearing heavy armor is now listed on the armor page, as well as winged characters can not fly without training in Plate.

Lastly, it's been more prominently posted that these are just for the basic armor setup ( chest-plate and in most cases leg-plates as well ). For those who go with the full ensemble ( boots, arm-plates, helmet, etc ) the penalties increase by 1 level, but armor can no longer be ignored with a called shot ( well, unless you botch ).

Keep in mind if you go with the full ensemble option, that means no agility based abilities would count with scale, and the no-flying for winged characters would apply to splint.

Add-on: Magic School changes. The difficult to learn spells has been changed:

Beginner Changed from 50 to just a green roll
Circle 1: 55 instead of 60
Circle 2 60 instead of 65
Circle 3: 65 instead of 70

If there are other parts of the RP that are causing people to find disinterest or annoyance, i'd love to hear from them to see if things can be improved so everyone has a more enjoyable time here.
Back to top Go down
https://fantasy-island.forumotion.com

RPG Changes and Updates Updated June 2023
Page 1 of 1