Fantasy Island RPG Forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for the Fantasy Island RPG on esper.net

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Donation Reminder
POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters? EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 10:42 pm by SgtSarros
The site does cost about $75 a year for the picture storage we have and keeping it ad-free when logged in, more if we get rid of ads altogether as some users have wished.

If you wish to help with donations click the link below. Avoid clicking on a custom gif as those are for Pro users of StreamLabs who do not mind paying a monthly fee.

https://streamlabs.com/sgtsarros

Comments: 1
Poll
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Tony Stark - The Invicible Iron Man
POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 10:38 am by darkshade

» Who knows what magic schools:
POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters? EmptySat Apr 06, 2024 3:30 pm by SgtSarros

» The CCG changes
POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters? EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 12:07 pm by SgtSarros

» Alexander
POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters? EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 3:44 pm by Tiggs

» Wolverine X Man
POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters? EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm by Xarat

» Shion Uzuki
POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters? EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 3:44 pm by Packie

» EsperNet End Of Life -- EDIT Delayed
POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters? EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 4:21 pm by SgtSarros

» Kaylee the canid drifter
POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters? EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 7:41 pm by ChromeGadget

» Changed for Kyt
POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters? EmptyWed Feb 21, 2024 10:48 pm by SgtSarros

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this month
No user
Top posting users this week
darkshade
POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters? I_vote_lcapPOLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters? I_voting_barPOLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters? I_vote_rcap 
Statistics
We have 34 registered users
The newest registered user is Tim

Our users have posted a total of 1229 messages in 828 subjects
Gallery
POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters? Empty

POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SgtSarros
Admin
Admin
SgtSarros

PostSubject: POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters?   POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters? EmptyWed Feb 12, 2020 3:39 pm

1. For the longest time we have tried to keep the sheets as static as possible to prevent people from having to do major changes to a billion sheets every time the smallest thing changes. As of late people have been suggestion a large number of things they'd like to see added onto the sheets. I feel the best thing to do is ask you which of these you'd like to see be added onto the sheets:

A. Likes and Dislikes
B. Favorite Food
C. Fears
D. General IQ
E. All of the above
F. None ( leave them all optional, and let people have a bit more freedom on what is added to their sheet as long as they add in the minimum )

2. We have had general guidelines for what we wouldn't like to see on new characters sheets, but for the most part left it open for people to make a character as strong or as weak as they want ( within reason ). As of late this has been causing more conflicts on 'why can't i have this sheet this way?' S I'd like people's opinions on what they'd like to see

A. More rigid requirements ( no characters beyond X power allowed at intro, the end )
B. More visibly posted guidelines of what would be warning signs characters may take longer review / get rejected
C. Less rigid requirements ( This means we would likely have events that are much more defined, only people from range A - B can be in this one, C - D in this one, etc, which could exclude characters and possibly players more often )
D. No changes, the system is working as well as can be expected.

Keep in mind the GM staff does have final say, we are just wanting a general opinion of how the players feel we should be doing things. GMs are welcome to vote and give their reasoning as well so people have an idea of how our line of thought currently is.
Back to top Go down
https://fantasy-island.forumotion.com
Tiggs
Elite Member
Elite Member
Tiggs

PostSubject: Re: POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters?   POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters? EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 6:43 pm

As more characters are added and more languages are introduced, I think
Language(s):
would be a good addition to character sheets that would make canonical sense for the character to know.
Back to top Go down
darkshade
Obsessed Member
Obsessed Member

PostSubject: Re: POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters?   POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters? EmptySat Feb 15, 2020 6:57 pm

1: F
I think those specific things on that list should be completely optional. I don't see any reason for them to be a big requirement, but if people want to add them in then that's fine.

2: C, but combined with B
I would rather more of an open environment with restrictions than a restricted environment with openness. That being said, characters that want to be super strong shouldn't ruin the game for others. So having more informative warnings during character creation, as well as event ranges would be nice and give more incentive to have various kinds of events that everyone can participate in without having some characters feel inadequate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters?   POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters? Empty

Back to top Go down

POLL Additions to sheets? Limitations to new characters?
Page 1 of 1