Fantasy Island RPG Forums.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forums for the Fantasy Island RPG on esper.net

HomeGallerySearchRegisterLog in
Donation Reminder
Sygar: Rogue Assassin EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 10:42 pm by SgtSarros
The site does cost about $75 a year for the picture storage we have and keeping it ad-free when logged in, more if we get rid of ads altogether as some users have wished.

If you wish to help with donations click the link below. Avoid clicking on a custom gif as those are for Pro users of StreamLabs who do not mind paying a monthly fee.

https://streamlabs.com/sgtsarros

Comments: 1
Poll
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Who knows what magic schools:
Sygar: Rogue Assassin EmptySat Apr 06, 2024 3:30 pm by SgtSarros

» The CCG changes
Sygar: Rogue Assassin EmptyWed Apr 03, 2024 12:07 pm by SgtSarros

» Alexander
Sygar: Rogue Assassin EmptyFri Mar 29, 2024 3:44 pm by Tiggs

» Wolverine X Man
Sygar: Rogue Assassin EmptyThu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm by Xarat

» Shion Uzuki
Sygar: Rogue Assassin EmptyTue Mar 05, 2024 3:44 pm by Packie

» EsperNet End Of Life -- EDIT Delayed
Sygar: Rogue Assassin EmptyFri Mar 01, 2024 4:21 pm by SgtSarros

» Kaylee the canid drifter
Sygar: Rogue Assassin EmptyFri Feb 23, 2024 7:41 pm by ChromeGadget

» Changed for Kyt
Sygar: Rogue Assassin EmptyWed Feb 21, 2024 10:48 pm by SgtSarros

» Ryu, the Yorae Dragon
Sygar: Rogue Assassin EmptyWed Feb 21, 2024 1:53 pm by Packie

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Top posting users this month
SgtSarros
Sygar: Rogue Assassin I_vote_lcapSygar: Rogue Assassin I_voting_barSygar: Rogue Assassin I_vote_rcap 
Top posting users this week
No user
Statistics
We have 34 registered users
The newest registered user is Tim

Our users have posted a total of 1228 messages in 827 subjects
Gallery
Sygar: Rogue Assassin Empty

Sygar: Rogue Assassin

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Feralis
Feralis

Sygar: Rogue Assassin Empty
PostSubject: Sygar: Rogue Assassin   Sygar: Rogue Assassin EmptySun May 26, 2019 2:43 pm

Name: Sygar (Codename: Shade)

Sex: Male

Species: Human (Altered)

Height: 5'10"

Weight: 140 lbs

Age in appearance: Looks much older than he is as a result of experiments and his harrowing lifestyle.

Hair Color: Stark White

Eye Color: Bright Green

Skin Color: Pale

Personality:
In a nutshell, Sygar could be anything or everything at any given moment, depending on what the mood strikes him or the nature of his current contract. In general, Sygar tends to keep to himself and doesn't engage in casual conversation unless it's absolutely necessary. After the events of his betrayal, Sygar completely shut himself off from the world, determined to carry out his duty at any means necessary. The quiet, silent type, Sygar pities those who have been subjected to the cruelties of his empire, including himself. Although he may remain subtle in many situations, he is not afraid to take action, especially if it deals with his personal vendetta against those in his former company.

Weakness:
Above all, his true identity being revealed. The many injustices that litter the world bother him somewhat, and he can't help but lend a hidden, helpful hand wherever he can. He also has an idling fear of being caught by his former company, all of which are skilled and powerful in their own right.

Profession: (Former) Assassin and Spy of the Arks

Weapons: Two, solid black daggers and a light crossbow.

Armor: Not much armor is to be had with Sygar. He dons ornate leather trappings for easy movement, padded a little more in the vital areas.

Items: Sygar's outfit is littered with dozens of small, iconspicuous hiding places for various objects such as caltrops, hidden blades, smoke-bombs, poisons, and the like. Most of these items were used during Sygar's escape and have not been refurnished. Perhaps if he found the materials, he could create some more.

Skills:

Tumbling - Rolls, dives, even falling over the edge of a cliff or landing to prevent or lessen damage. +1 CS to Agility for use.

Genetics

Chemistry

Assassinations - Whether it's gunshot to the head, dagger to the heart, poisoned drink, you know the perfect way to kill someone. +1 CS to the needed skill to make this work. Can ONLY be applied if you are attempting to kill someone off this attack. Note: Many worlds have an issue with assassins and if you fail or are discovered you will likely have a manhunt on your hands.

Reconnaissance - Used by scouts to gather information about the area ahead. Grants +1 CS to intuition and +1CS to agility for stealth and avoidance of detection.

Description and/or Picture:
Sygar: Rogue Assassin Assass10

Stats:

Fighting: Remarkable

Agility: Remarkable

Strength: Incredible

Endurance: Remarkable

Reasoning: Good

Intuition: Excellent

Psyche: Remarkable

Hit Points: 130
Stamina Points: 95
Mana: 60

Spells / Special Abilities:

Clinging Vines
Cost: 2MP
Uses: Psyche
Description: Opponent rolls agility. If caught, the opponent rolls their strength vs poor to break free. If they fail to break free, they are at -2CS to fighting and agility until they do so. Flying characters are immune. Characters with good or higher strength break free automatically.

Creeping Vines
Cost: 5MP
Description: Opponent rolls agility. If caught, the opponent rolls their strength vs typical to break free. If they fail to break free, they are at -2CS to fighting and agility until they do so. Flying characters are immune. Characters with excellent or higher strength break free automatically.

Shapeshift (Raven)
Cost: 30MP
Description: Allows the caster to change into one animal. The animal they become is chosen when they learn the spell and is the only animal they can shift into with this ability. Your stats become equal to the stats of the animal you chose. You are unable to speak, unless you have telepathy or the person you are speaking to has communication with animals. Lasts Psyche minutes. This spell may only be cast once a day, and can only be used in a forest or in an area where magic is strong.

Thunder
Cost: 5MP
Description: Does damage equal to casters Psyche -2CS. Agility to dodge.

Thundara
Cost: 10MP
Description: Does damage equal to casters Psyche -1CS. Agility to dodge.

Acid/Corrosive Compound Creation
Limit: 5 Containers
Uses: Reasoning
Description: Preparation of containers requires a Chemistry roll of green or better (Reasoning, +1 Chemistry). One success will fill all 5 containers. Can only roll up to 3 times a day.

Biography:
Life... Such a beautiful word... But that's all it is, just a word... A fragile, fleeting thing that sits upon the ides of failing wings. Why is such a thing held so dear to one's heart, caressed just to stay afloat on those faulty wings? Life is so... Meaningless... And such actions to prolong one's life is only futile, as only one thing is certain: Death. But what is death? Isn't that... Just another word? Maybe so... But it is so much more. Death will catch you when those accursed wings finally fail. Death will comfort you in your struggles against illness, poverty, and war. Death will even find you vengeance, if one would care to wield it... Death... Is the ultimate sepulcher, and the epitome of release from this cruel thing you call life. It's a fact: Death overcomes life in everything, so why not embrace the eternal slumber, free of pain, disease, and strife? It comes to everybody, you know... Some, sooner than others. Even you could be next. It could be today... Tomorrow... Next week... You would never know. But you need not be afraid, young one, for I do not have my blade trained upon you. I only ask you remain to listen to my tale, for perhaps it might be of some use to you in the future... This is my take on the ever eternal life and death... Listen, and listen well...

Death's Manifesto... "Morn after morn dispels the dark, Bearing our lives away; Absorbed in cares we fail to mark How swift our years decay; Some maddening draught hath drugged our souls, In love with vital breath, Which still the same sad chart unrolls, Birth, eld, disease, and death..." This is what I was taught when I was but just a toddler, kidnapped from my parents. The organization called themselves the ARKS, which stood for Assassin's Regiment & Killing Syndicate. You've heard of them, no? The infamous organization that runs half the world from the shadows... Though everybody knows of their existence, none have the ability to prove it. The bastards kept me locked up most of the time, but I remember... tests... Excruciating, painful, diabolical tests. Participating in these tests were the only way to earn food and water, but those damned scientists practically killed everybody that was put on their cold, steel tables. The needles, the injections, the... modifications... Both physical and molecular... They practically -MADE- you wish for death. It was a terrible experience, and nobody should have to be put through that kind of trauma... But here I am...

It turns out that these scientists were hired under ARKS to develop a new breed of assassins; a program that ultimately killed 99% of their allotted test subjects. Quite a large amount, no? Death was all around us... And they never exposed of the bodies properly, either. Most were just thrown back into their tightly packed cells, even if there were still living amongst them. I repeated that Manifesto every day, like a feeble prayer in the dark... It was all I had to hold on to, especially when I contracted disease from the rotting corpses... It felt comfortable to know that Death would eventually find it's way around to me and release me from this torture that I had sustained for so many months... Perhaps even years... It's easy to lose count in that hell-hole. But, alas, death did not find me, but I never did consider myself fortunate. The scientists changed my very being, but I never understood what they did for quite some time... I looked like me... Well, almost looked like me... But something was different. Not long after the experiments halted, I was summoned to Head-Master Luci's quarters for an interrogation.

I was probably fourteen... Maybe fifteen at this time. My hair had been drained of all color, leaving it a stark, shrieking white... My eyes had grown pale in color as well, but I could still see the grandiose, elaborate room in which Luci resided in... As well as the man himself; an evil, demonic presence filled his soul... That much I could tell. As the guards promptly kicked me to my knees, Luci chuckled to himself... An icy, cold voice spewed forth, clutching my throat like a vice. "So you are the revered scientist's favorite... And most fruitful... Success... I am hardly surprised, though... I -ALWAYS- get what I want!."... He quickly turned around as he shouted, piercing me with his dark, red eyes... I will never forget that feeling... Such evil and malicious contempt in one man. It should be impossible. I never wanted death to wash over me more than that moment... Just to be away from that creature. I bet he sensed my fear, though, and he continued to speak, "I see you're still alive... That's good. Believe me, I have -NOTHING- but the best intentions for you! Would you deny me a paltry question of sorts? Do you... Know... of my organization, the ARKS?"

Luci then began to explain what the ARKS really do... I bet you know some of the story already, am I right? After the War of Machines, the world was split into two factions: The NARSE and the WOLVs. The Northern Aventir Region's Second Embassy took up their cause for the old world, while the War Organization of the Lost Vale took up arms for the new world. It has been a power struggle for decades, but who do you think keeps the two factions from reaching an understanding? The ARKS. Luci hires everybody from politicians, to scientists, to cold blooded killers to keep the dispute going. Why, do you ask? Because his business was turning a huge profit, or so he told me. I personally think he just enjoyed the violence, but money is a good motivator, no? There must be something else in the works, though I can't put my finger on it... Ah, but I'm straying off subject, and I haven't much time left. Let us continue.

It was a short time later that I was to begin my training as an assassin... Not a glorious life, but I had little choice in the matter. It was kill, or be killed, and after all of what I've been through, I sought to live... For once... It was also then that I became aware of my... powers... so to speak. The scientists changed me, even going as far as to alter my very DNA. I will not discuss the nature of my powers here, you must understand... Just know that it is enough to drive any normal man mad with pain. Throughout the years, other members were added to what they called the Elite Core, ARKS most dangerous assassin unit. Out of the thousands they must have experimented upon, only ten survived the brutality... Including me. We all had our own special abilities, and nobody could best us in combat or subterfuge. We assassinated nobles from all over the globe, stole important documents to sell on the black market, and gathered invaluable information to present to Luci once the contract was complete. It was then that Luci would decide our next task, leaving us little time to rest between missions.

As cruel fate would have it I had one day stumbled across an old document in a record keeping office while I was snooping around for other valuable notes. It was a document of release, signed by both a mother and father by the name of Willis... The realization struck me harder than any other pain I've felt in my entire life... Of everything I had chosen to remember... That last name... Willis... Was mine. Upon further examination, I had discovered that not only was my full name Jonathan Don Willis, but my parents had forfeit my life to ARKS for some paltry coin. For the first time in a long while, I would have gladly welcomed death back into my life. Begrudgingly, I held on to that information to myself, 'lest Luci would find out. It was then that the other hand of fate grasped tighter upon my neck, like a noose made for a mouse.

The ten of us had been sent to quell a riot in a small city known as Belruse, a lively little town that protested against Luci and his actions, claiming they had proof. I sought a somewhat civil way to stop the riot; find their evidence and destroy them. The other nine, their hearts long since lost to corruption and the vileness of Luci, began a massive killing rampage... Hundreds dead in a blink of an eye. Can you imagine? Such power that these individuals hold, just the ten of us could wage war against the entirety of the world. There was... A family... Begging on bended knee for their lives... Offering their infant as a tribute to one of the other assassins. After the shower of blood and gore had settled, something snapped inside of me... A newfound appreciation for life, and the sudden will to preserve it. There was no reason these people should suffer just because of one man and his seemingly infinite bloodthirst for power and control. I stabbed my comrade in the back... Literally... And then I knew it was all over for me. I withdrew my blade and fled, utilizing every tactic I had learned to escape my assassin brethren. I nearly didn't make it, as a single poison arrow found it's mark straight through my chest...

They left me for dead, I presume... I awoke far north from Belruse, and I continued to run deeper into uncharted territory, mostly mountains and forests... Or what's left of them, really... When I finally stopped, I contemplated my course of action... And what would happen to me now. But deep inside, I knew I had already made up my mind. Luci must be stopped, and the syndicate destroyed. The last I heard, Luci's scientists discovered a way to open bridges between worlds, as ridiculous as that sounds... He has probably sent some of his ten... well, nine assassins, to wreak havoc upon these poor worlds. He may have even created more like me, and that would be truly terrible... Listen, I cannot stay here much longer. There is something in the air... Something... Wicked.

Run West, my friend. There, you will find the refuge you seek. I will impart one more passing of wisdom before I go, however... Consider my story... Death... Is just a word, as is Life... But what happens when you die? A man dies ... only a few circles in the water prove that he was ever there. And even they quickly disappear. And when they're gone, he's forgotten, without a trace, as if he'd never even existed. And that's all. But a true man may leave his imprint, not in water, or sand, or even stone... He leaves his imprint upon the hearts of others, eternal and everlasting. Life may be fleeting on these broken wings of mine, but it all comes down to -HOW- you live your life, and how you approach your death. You need not be afraid of either... I am just one man... But if I can leave my imprint upon others, maybe I can slowly make right the wrongs that humanity has suffered. Remember these words well, for I leave my mark upon you. And remember Sygar... The name I will take with me to my grave...
Back to top Go down

Sygar: Rogue Assassin
Page 1 of 1